4/2/15

-And to STONE you shall RETURN!


(((Right-click/View Image to embiggen)))

The Gargoyle, by J.M.DeMatteis & Mark Badger, is kind-of Marvel's answer to DC's Demon.

*He speaks in verse:


*While Etrigan is a demon who was summoned, and bound to human Jason Blood, by the wizard Merlin. -Isaac Christians is a human who has had his soul switched with that of a sentient gargoyle created by...
 

*...The Druid Derwyddon: pretty-much your Merlin stand-in.


*And he even has his own little trademarked transformation poem...

Sure, his full story is way more convoluted than all that.  -But I find superficial similarities like this between Marvel and DC's characters interesting.

So... there's only one question......


2 comments:

  1. I've seen him in various issues of Defenders, and really enjoyed his portrayal and story in Universe X/
    I didn't now he did the rythme thing too though. So blatant.

    Cool topic though man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah- he was heavily involved with Patsy Walker: Hellcat's origin... I never knew. Until I picked up those The Gargoyle issues at The Dirt Mall- I'd never even really heard of him. At least I didn't know anything about him- I've seen pictures of him over the years at the very least.
      I read Universe X back in the day- and I can't even recall him from it! -Yikes!

      I think he only speaks in verse when The Gargoyle's soul is in his own body... I don't think Isaac Christians does it when he's in there. He's a confusing character. Christians own separate origin is dense as fuck. Dude went through some shit!

      Delete